Setup Lab Tests
After setting up the test groups, the next step is to setup the tests.
The tests are the actual tests that will be carried out in the laboratory. Note that these are the test that will be individually billed to the patient. Charges are not made on the test groups but on the tests. So, lets say we have a test group called SEROLOGY and under it, you have the following tests.
- HIV I & II Antibodies
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
In this example, the tests are all billed separately. So VDRL, for example, will have a price of say N5000 and Hepatitis B will have a price of say N7800, etc. To setup a test item,
1. Click on the Lab menu and select MANAGE TESTS.
2. This will open up the manage tests page and you will see a list of already setup lab tests.
3. On the right of the page, you will see a NEW TEST ITEM form. You can use this to add a new lab test item.
4. Fill out the form fields as required. They are:
- Item Name e.g. VDRL
- Group Name - Select a parent group from list
5. Click the Save
button when done.
Once saved, Test becomes available for booking and processing to everyone who has appropriate access to the lab module. To Edit a saved test,
1. From the Manage Tests page, click on the Edit
icon for the test you want to edit.
2. This will display the Edit Test Item form and populate the fields from the test data.
3. Edit the field data as required.
4. Click the Save
button when done. To Delete a saved test,
1. From the Manage Tests page, click on the Delete
icon for the test you want to delete.
2. You will get a warning prompt to confirm if you really want to delete the item.
3. Click "Yes! Delete It!" to continue delete or CANCEL to cancel the delete process.